I think it’s very important to have goals and resolutions every new year, but this year it will be different for all of you reading this beacuse I am providing a pre-new years plan guideline. What is it you may ask? It is the best way to prepare yourself to succeed with a proper game plan. It is the route you will follow to get you to the desired destination for your money. 2013 here we come!
The Pre New Years Resolution Plan:
- Write down everything you want to accomplish in the New Year.
- Break them down into short term and long term Goals.
- Highlight the time frame it will take to complete each one.
- Establish what is the best time of the day to work on these resolutions? At least 1hour per day of effort for goals.
- Tell somebody you can trust what you wish to accomplish. Ask them if they could periodically check up on your status.
- For financial goals break down per month how much funds you need to allocate to each goal?
- Transfer that exact amount into savings accounts or automatically to creditors for debt repayments.
- Make a dedicated effort to increase income and decrease expenses so that you can allocate more to goals.
I hope you all can use these tips to get ahead on your goals and complete as many of them as possible before next decemeber rolls around. Short term goals should be completed by the end of June 2013 as six months should be ample time to achieve them. I am ready to put to use these tips this year and I will look for motivation from myself and others as it can arise from many different sources.
One true goal that I want to accomplish this year is to finally fund an emergency account with 8 months of living expenses. Some people may think I am over doing it, but that is what I need to sleep better at night. Layoffs can come at a moments notice, so this is what I can fall back on and have enough financial security.
Random Resolution Article:
Comment as to what you would like to accomplish in the short term? Comment if you have a pre-New years resolution plan?
Rich Uncle EL
- New Years Resolutions
- New Goals
- New Years Plan