Hello I wanted to share with you some milestones I was able to reach in 2012. I want to make this post personal without being to revealing with actual figures. I hope I can pull it off and at the same time make it interesting. What I did matters to me so that I can see where I am headed in the New Year. I am ready to attack this New Year with a vengeance, allowing me to be one step closer to reaching retirement. Now I want all the bloggers who happen to read this to take a look at the milestones below and make a similar post on your website as a challenge. I have a feeling that 2013 will be a great year. If you push yourself for something greater you will almost always accomplish more than your thought you would.
2012 Financial Milestones:
• I paid off all my credit card debt to the tune of about 6 grand.
• Retirement accounts increased by 18.5% in 2012
• I was able to pay cash for many major purchases.
• I spent less than 1 thousand dollars eating out all year long.
• I increased cash net worth by 50%
• I automated many financial accounts and bills.
• I finally own about 2500 shares of various mutual fund shares.
• I decreased my student loan debt by 15%.
• 2012 dividend reinvestment amount in retirement accounts finally reached $2500
• I spent under 1 thousand dollars on clothes and shoes purchases in 2012
Those are all my financial milestones for 2012. I am shocked and astonished about a few of these as I did not expect to do as good as I did. How can I top some of these in 2013? IT will be a difficult task to say the least. I am still hoping to make a list next January that will top this list and bury it to the ground. Imagine what a year of intense focus and dedication can bring to you and your financial life. Now if I can only figure out how to effectively make 50% more money in 2013? Ha and LOL is all I can say to that.
To explain the debt a little further towards the end of 2011, I had to put down $5 grand on a credit card to pay for my last semester of school, because I missed a loan deadline with the school. Furthermore I have noticed that people enjoy reading personal facts of achievement, which in turn can motivate them to strive for a better tomorrow and I hope I have completed this by sharing this post with you today.
The increase in cash net worth was primarily achieved by:
1. The excellent market increases,
2. Paying down debt,
3. Saving some dough,
4. Retirement 401K vesting increase by employer
Comment and share if you have any cool 2012 financial milestones you would like to share with us here at moneywatch101?
Rich Uncle EL
* Some of these figures were rounded up or down by 1% depending on the decimal place.
- 2012 Milestones
- 2012 Financial Milestones
- Net Worth