I like giving my readers the tools they need to live life debt free. I feel that you can really put to use some of the tips I mentioned below as a way to get ahead with your financial goals. It all comes down to the choices you make in life. Would you be willing to pass on your goals because you just had to upgrade your PC to the new Mac Book laptop. Granted that new Mac book might only cost you $60 dollars a month with interest free financing.
But that $60 dollars could have gottten you one step closer to realizing a financial goal you keep postponing month after month and year after year. Why is that we always need or want something? Why is it that those things have to be purchased on credit? Well if you keep reading you will enjoy another great post on how you can avoid debt.
Debt Free Living Action Steps:
1. Do not go to the retail stores or malls unless you have a clear list of what you need.
2. Strive to use cash or debit cards for all your purchases. If you want cash back then have the money in an account ready to pay it off.
3. Divide your weekly or bi-weekly spending money into the number of days in between pay periods and do not go over that amount per day.
4. Keep your cars for 6 years or more to avoid adding new car debt every 3-4 years.
5. Add up how much you spent on the holidays and begin saving 1/12 of that amount every month in January.
6. Have dinner parties only once in a while as this can throw a wrench in your food and monthly budget.
7. Write your goals on the Frig or mirror and you will be less likely to fall for impulse big purchases.
Past Debt Posts:
Granted you all can have your very own ways to avoid debt, but I feel these tips will help you prepare for years of debt free living. Enrich your life by living it on your terms and not by the banks shackles.